Hi all! Back from a quick work trip/mini-vacation to San Francisco and Santa Cruz. I hate being back at work. Anyways, to follow-up with my last post before leaving for San Francisco the packing lists went very well! I had extra space in my suitcase to pack goodies that I picked up (two books and a scarf) and was still able to take it as a carry-on! PLUS I was able to lift it into the overhead compartment myself! I guess all those overhead presses at Body Pump do work after all!
After some quick exhibiting at a meeting in downtown SF, I was able to explore the city with my boyfriend and go to some cool restaurants. We met up with some of his friends and partied down at the Mission which can get a little crazy!
The next morning, we went down to Buena Vista brunch which apparently has to-die-for Irish Coffee that I missed out on. We sprinted over to Alcatraz to make our 12:00 p.m. tour and ventured around there for a few hours! Alcatraz is huge!
After that we walked down to Pier 39 to see the Sea Lions, get an amazing chowder in San Francisco sourdough bread bowl and I couldn’t resist an ice cream.
After that we went to visit my cousin in Santa Cruz which is about an hour or so south of SF. The drive down the coast was spectacular and I’m glad we drove it right before dusk because we got to see some amazing vistas! Santa Cruz was a serious juxtaposition to SF, so much nature, such a relaxed lifestyle, and everything closes at 10 p.m.! We were able to see some of the beaches, get some great seafood, go to a grove where Monarchs migrate to every year, and then wake up at 5:00 a.m. in the morning to drive back to SFO. I definitely wasn’t ready to leave.
Well, time to get back to reality but this by far has been the best California trip so far!
2014, as many would agree with me, was a wild year. Typically, I have liked to live day to day with no overall goals or any “5-year plans” (cue-eye roll), but this year that’s all changed. I’ve never really written down a resolution list other than the general “I will lose weight this year.” So let’s change that too!
1. Go to the gym three times, EVERY WEEK. Along with this comes, stop making excuses, you lazy bum.
2. Every time I think “I can’t do that!” To challenge myself to try to do that.
3. Be more outspoken at work about my ideas and to not let one or two denials shut me down for future ideas.
4. Stop letting my dog think she’s the alpha. Sorry Starla, it’s time to crack down.
5. Read 100 books! I think I read about 50 or so this year, but in all my free time that I waste on reality tv, video games, or stuffing my face for no reason other than boredom, I think I can squeeze in some time for reading.
6. I think this has been kind of carried along for years now, but I want to define it. Be a better friend. To keep in touch more, to pay attention to details more, to call more, and to always pick up.
7. Stop double-guessing myself.
8. Devote time to developing this blog as a creative outlet, and be proud of my new found online voice. (Aka share with friends more and make a Facebook for it!!)
I think this is a good start, I might add more in the days coming up to New Years. That being said, do you share any of the same resolutions for 2015? Or maybe any tips?
Sidenote: blogging on vacation is hard. I tried scheduling some posts before I left but the creative juices just weren’t flowing until I literally set foot in our hotel. I’m currently typing this out on my iPhone on WordPress mobile! Could use some improvement but it works just well enough. Also if you don’t know html at least a little bit this would be really confusing. 🙂